Friday, June 1, 2012

Reflection

a. I think understanding complexity in economics is going to be most applicable to understanding how the world works.  Rivoli's text on the T-shirt's travels illustrate the complexity of markets and the role of politics in shaping markets.  The concepts that we learned in class will be helpful to develop a fuller understanding of economics but I think it is most important to understand that globally economics are immensely complicated.
b. I am more interested in learning about markets like the cotton market.  It was interesting to me to learn about the factors that have made the American cotton market successful for so long. As an educated citizen I think it is important to understand these interactions and to be able to distinguish what is actually contributing to success.
c.   To a student considering taking this class I would advise them to go beyond the requirements of the class and try to learn as much as possible about their specific country.  Throughout the quarter I would advise to try to develop an understanding about how economies are related to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment